Wednesday, January 26, 2011

FINALLY...NO MORE BOTTLES!!! YAY!!!

This past weekend Darrell and I went down to Dallas for his sister's wedding and I forgot to pack a bottle for Madilyn. She only has a bottle when she gets up in the morning and when she goes to bed. I have kept giving her a bottle because she seems to drink more milk out of a bottle then out of a sippy cup. Anyways, I thought she was going to freak out like she did when we tried to take the bottle away about 6 months ago, but surprisingly she didn't. Although she wasn't thrilled about drinking her milk from a sippy cup she was just so tired the first night and she wanted something to drink so she just drank her milk from her cup. There was a few fussy moments and then she gave in. It was a lot easier than the first time. Yay!!!

So, finally at 20 1/2 months I am packing away the bottles until we have another little one. I am so happy we got through this stage. Doctors have been telling me for a while to get her off a bottle because it is bad for her teeth, while now she is off the bottle. Hurray!!! I have been wanted to get her off a bottle for months and I have just been to weak. She hasn't had a bottle since Friday morning and she hasn't really seemed to mind not having her one. Thank goodness. I will miss how cute she is when she just wakes up or when it is time for bed and a bottle seems to help relax her. She is so cute. Now getting her off the binkie is another story. That will be the hardest. Wish me luck.

These pictures were taken more than a year ago, but she still is so cute. Just bigger.

No comments: